do the right thing!
Commission: The wrong we know we've done.
Omission: Failure to do something that should have been done. Leaving out something or someone that should not have been excluded. This too is a sin that God will judge.
Omissions are sins which will be brought into judgment, as well as commissions. He that does not the good he knows should be done, as well as he who does the evil he knows should not be done, will be condemned (Matthew Henry Commentary). Some of us barely want to admit and confess the wrong we have done to others, or wrongful things said in a situation, let alone include the things that we have chosen to ignore that we should have dealt with.
God leaves nothing out. He will address what we have failed to address and cast His sentence upon it.
Knowing to do good yet not doing it:
1. An action that should have been taken
2. The thing I should have said
3. The help I should have given
4. Stumbling my brother or a person
5. Refusing to confess my wrong to that individual
6. Failure to apologize
7. Looking the other way when a wrong was committed
8. Lying or deceiving a person
9. Sowing discord among the saints
10. Not doing the right thing
11. Speaking evil against others
12. Not speaking up or standing up for what was right
13. Not making that phone call that should have been made
14. Failure to encourage that person
15. Failure to say the thing that needed to be said
What should have been the ‘Good’ thing that I had done in a particular situation or for that particular person?
Leave a Reply.