We are nearing the end of another year. It has gotten here faster than the year before it. The past 11 months, for some, have been filled with many ups and downs. Some of us may have had our faith challenged in ways like never before. There are those in the body of Christ who have suffered illnesses and health setbacks. That is really tough to deal with. While others are still waiting for the Lord to answer much needed prayer requests.
In having my own faith struggles I've had to be honest with myself and the Lord about how I handled each situation He sent my way. And so, I must take an assessment of my actions, behaviors, speech and thoughts.
How did you do this year, so far? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. Did I sit in God's presence more this year than last year?
2. Have I prayed more often over the past months?
3. Am I praying for those who caused me harm by way of offences, evil acts, or ill treatment?
4. Have I been handling challenges and trials by casting them on the Lord or am I still trying to deal with them on my own?
5. Did I look for opportunities to share the Lord with others by way of personal testimony, witnessing, or speaking of the ways He's worked in my life?
6. Did I find myself reading and meditating on His Word a little more this year?
7. Who have I mentored spiritually in the past 12 months?
8. How many times this year have I used my spiritual gift?
9. God's been trying to correct certain things in my life; how well did I do with controlling my tongue, negative behavior, gossiping, or simply doing what is right?
10. Have I judged my own actions and behavior more than judging others the past year?