It's amazing to see the variety of things men can do! We admire them and enjoy their abilities. Although they weren't born with the level of talent we see, they had enough of what they needed to develop and become successful with it. How much more is expected of us a believers.
I've read about so many skilled individuals in the bible like:
1. David. Before he became a king and leader in Israel, he was an accomplished musician (on the harp).
2. Dorcas was a seamstress who not only met her own needs, but the needs of those who were less fortunate. The widows were provided for by her skill.
3. The Apostle Paul was a tentmaker. Whenever he needed financial help, he would make and sell tents.
4. In the Old Testament, we read about the virtuous woman. She spun fine threads using a spinner, in order to create rich fabrics. She also had a head for business. She used her skills to help her family.
5. In Exodus 35:25, were various women mentioned who spun threads for the making of fabrics. In verses 27-35 are mentioned men who were engravers, weavers, designers in tapestry, jewel inset, etc...
6. In 1Chronicles 25, David assigned Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthan to head up the music ministry. There were 288 musicians with them. There was also Cheneniah who had the expertise in music production.
God has made sure that each of His children possess enough ability and skill to serve Him well! What have you and I done with what we've been given?
It takes discipline to develop your skill. It takes time, energy, and sometimes getting additional training in order to use it well. Practice makes perfect, but only if you have the ability for what you're doing.
We are responsible, before God, to see to it that when He returns, we have not hid and buried that talent He gave us. We have to have something to show for all the years we've had it.
Keep developing and learning how to best use your skill/skills. Surround yourself with those who do what you do on a higher level. Learn from them. Discipline yourself daily and use your God given abilities. If you don't use it, you will certainly loose it, and there's certainly no glory for God in that!
As a writer, I enjoy giving you the honest side of truth! As an artist, I create what doesn't exist. Each day I look for new and creative ways to use every ability God has so graciously given me.